Monday, April 8, 2013

My recent theme

113 Easter morning 094 Easter morning Good Friday 143 Easter pants Easter pants New pants are for playing in! dirt fun! 223 222

Part two of our Easter fun. All of the above photos were taken during Holy week and on Easter day.
My children and I all came down with yet another nasty flu during Holy week. On a side note - Seriously, what is going on here?! Regarding sicknesses, this has been the absolute worst year for us. One after another of us caught it and we were sick up until Good Friday. I became anxious I wouldn't be able to attend my retreat on Saturday morning nor the Easter vigil that evening but I am happy to say my prayers were answered and we all woke up Saturday feeling like new, but I'll leave you with that. I am saving the most important part about Easter weekend for another day. I want to make sure I have the time to sit down and really pour myself into that post and not be rushed (like I usually am). I am still reliving the whole experience over and over again in my head.

For now let's look at that rambunctious little boy of mine in his Easter pants. He refused to hold still for me so they are all action shots. New pants are for playing in dirt, right?! Gotta love the ones of him concentrating on his dirt play and Paw Paw trying to give him a kiss! He was saying, "Beep, beep, Paw paw. No! Paw Paw" when I took those two photos. Paw Paw just gave up and walked away after that.

I somehow managed to keep with my recent theme of making things to big for him with these pants, *sigh* but at least he'll get to wear them next winter, too. They look so warm and cozy with the linen and flannel fabrics. I think I botched them a bit, though. I love the fabric, it's out of print and hard to find now so I was a bit more nervous than usual when I sewed them (My friend Cindy knows all about this). I modified them to fit over cloth diapers but must have messed up my mods because now they are quite roomy and puffy looking around the diaper area. I am hoping it's one of those things that is more noticeable to me than to others...

p.s - I forgot to say that Little L's Easter pants are the quick change trousers from Handmade Beginnings.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...