Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.
Martinmas knitting Martinmas knitting KCCO

Martinmas is one of my favorite celebrations. Every November when our lanterns come back out and we re-read the story of Saint Martin and the beggar, I am brought to tears. I aspire to be as selfless and compassionate as he was.

We have a family tradition of donating coats and warm clothes to homeless shelters on Martinmas. In the past I tried to implement a tradition of knitting my children a new warm sweater for this special day, too, but alas it just became too much for me (with Santa Lucia day, Saint Nicholas day and Christmas shortly afterwards).

But then something beautiful re-inspired me to try again. Katherine designed a Martinmas sweater that will be the envy of all others. She did an amazing job of capturing the warmth and light of Saint Martin in her pattern design. I was so very fortunate to get a chance to test knit it for her. This will be for K so I chose a happy blue/green yarn. The pictures above don't quite capture the color but it is gorgeous in person. My rav notes can be found here.

And in other knitting news, I finished the sleeves for Little L's Livingston and have joined them to the body. I don't know why I am sharing that exactly, except that I have a little story to go along with it. After Mass last weekend, I was chatting with friends in our parish center while knitting one of the Livingston sleeves. Our priest came over and looking at my knitting he asked, "What will it be when it grows up?" I must have had a confused look on my face because he then went on to say, "Will it be a sock?" I explained to him that it was a sleeve for my son's Christmas sweater. From there we went into a delightful discussion on knitting and turning the heels on socks. Totally unexpected. I would have never guessed that our priest was a knitter! It rather makes me admire him even more.

What are you working on? Happy creating!!

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...